Why choose AMC?
We specialise in long-term mortgages and loans for farms and rural businesses and have done for more than 90 years.
Those years of experience have given us the knowledge and the knowhow to help you fund your business – whether it’s agriculture, horticulture, equine or another land-based commercial business.
We can support you with funding for a multitude of different business purposes, including:
- Buying land
- New buildings and fixed equipment
- Restructuring borrowing
- Paying out a retiring partner
- Building improvements
- Purchasing machinery
- Working capital
- Renewable energy projects
- Sustainability improvements
Unlike many other lenders, AMC offers you:
Find out more about our loans
- Ability to borrow amounts from £25,001 or more
- Long-term lending from 5 to 30 years
- Finance secured against land as well as property to help you increase the capital you can raise
- Competitive mortgage rates, with interest-only and repayment options available, or a blend of both, on a variable or fixed rate basis*
- Rates that can be set for the life of the agreement, unlike many other secured loans or overdraft agreements
- No early repayment charges for variable rate loans
- Agreements that can be transferred to the next generation†
- Access to AMC’s experienced and knowledgeable support teams and nine regionally based Agricultural Managers who understand the sector’s unique funding needs
- Funding decisions that can be approved in principal before you make a sealed bid or go to auction
Read more of our case studies to find out how our lending options have given our customers the freedom and flexibility to grow their businesses.
† Subject to AMC credit criteria and your obligations to AMC continuing to be met.
We’re honest and straight-talking, and we understand rural businesses and the rural way of life.
Our network of specialised Regional Agricultural Managers and local AMC Agents is set up to provide nationwide guidance and support for our customers. Our AMC Agents are FCA registered and carefully chosen to ensure you receive the right level of support at the right time.
When you contact us, we will put you in touch with your local Agent who will meet with you to discuss your proposal in depth. This will include carrying out the necessary identification checks to satisfy our regulations, while also advising you on which supporting documents you will need to provide to ensure your application is successful.
Find your local Regional Agricultural Manager or AMC local Agent
We are keen to give back to our local community. You can find out more about how we are supporting local charities and Mental Health UK.
*There is always a possibility that interest rates may go down leaving a fixed rate loan at a higher level compared to a variable rate loan. However, if interest rates rise, a fixed rate loan will remain at the same rate.