Supporting landed estates
Landed estates often include a range of revenue streams and tenure arrangements. So when you need funding, you need support that fits your unique situation.
As one of the largest and most experienced lenders to the landed estate sector, we can provide a lending solution that’s as individual as your needs.
We’re used to working with estate-based annual accounts. Whether you’re a trust, limited company, partnership, sole trader or mix, we’re experienced in providing lending that takes into account your business status.
Understanding your needs
Trust and company structures can be complex. Our experience, and access to specialist legal teams, ensures these structures are considered under any lending agreement, such as charging assets as security.
We offer long-term loans of up to 30 years under either an interest-only or capital and interest agreement. With the ability to fix the rates, we can help stabilise your estate’s capital base. The funding can also form part of your estate’s long-term planning strategy, as the loan can be passed through the generations so long as obligations continue to be met.
Simple no-nonsense lending
We do not review your agreement on an annual basis*, but when you need to speak to us, we will always come to visit you, to ensure minimal disruption to your working day.
*except where AMC specifies this as part of the loan agreement
Why choose AMC?
AMC have the experience and knowledge to support landed estates across the sector. This is whether you’re principally agriculture, horticulture, equine or virtually any other land-based commercial business.
- No branch network or a large sales force to pay for, so our loans and mortgages are competitively priced.
- Honest and straight-talking, we understand rural businesses and the rural way of life.
- Fixed** or variable rates of interest, or a combination.
- Interest only or repayment options repaid monthly, quarterly or half yearly on dates which suit the cash flow of your business.
- No annual reviews – provided you keep up with your payments.
- Loan terms from five to 30 years.
- Loans can pass from generation to generation, so don’t need to be repaid if the borrower dies, as long as obligations to AMC continue to be met.
For more information please contact your Regional Agricultural Manager.
**There is always a possibility that interest rates may go down leaving a fixed rate loan at a higher level compared to a variable rate loan. However, if interest rates rise, a fixed rate loan will remain at the same rate.