Borrowing with AMC
Flexibility and expert help
When you need money for your farm or rural business, you want to know your borrowing is simple, flexible and affordable.
Long-term Standard Loan
- We can provide a long-term Standard Loan, specifically designed for your needs, whether you're a sole trader, a partnership, a company or a trust. The Standard Loan is a mortgage secured against land or property.
- You can borrow from £25,001 to buy land or fund buildings, stock, new projects or equipment.
- Available on interest only or repayment options repaid monthly, quarterly or half yearly on dates which suit the cash flow of your business. Find out more about interest options.
- By providing your property or land as security, our Standard Loan gives you the money you need for consolidation, diversification or growth, with the option to pay back between five and 30 years.
How can we support you?
We’ve been working solely with rural and agricultural businesses for more than 90 years, so you can trust us to help you choose the best option and the most competitive rates.
Our network of professional Land Agents are available to discuss your funding options and to guide you through the application process. You can find your nearest AMC Agent on the Local Contacts page.
The phasing out of the Basic Payment Scheme is likely to be a concern for many farmers. AMC can provide help and support when it comes to restructuring your business’s finances to bring income and outgoings back into a more comfortable balance.
Find out more about BPS Support
The benefits of a Standard Loan
- Business loans are available for most rural business activities.
- We offer a competitive rate of interest.
- A swift response on your proposal.
- No annual renewal fees.
- Funding can be secured against land, as well as property. This enables increased capital to be raised, with the flexibility to extend the agreement terms at any time.
- Loans will not be ‘called-in’ upon death, and agreements will pass onto the next generation.
- We can provide decisions in principle before you make a sealed bid or go to auction.
The above are subject to credit approval and so long as obligations to AMC continue to be met.
Who do we lend to?
We support farming or rural businesses linked to agriculture.
Find out more about the types of business we lend to and our lending criteria
You can also use our funding to help with:
- Buying your farm tenancy
- Supporting the complex needs of landed estates
- Setting up, expanding or developing your business providing it is secured against agricultural or rural property including land, dwellings and other buildings. Find out about our support for rural businesses
How to apply?
View details of the application process and the documents you will need, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
How to apply
Key stages of your AMC application
Hire Purchase – spreading the cost of buying equipment
If our Standard Loan isn’t right for you, then Hire Purchase might be an option to help you spread the cost of a large capital asset over a fixed term.
AMC provides Hire Purchase and Leasing facilities through Lloyds Bank. As one of the largest providers of Hire Purchase agreements, they can offer a fast and affordable way to buy new and used equipment.
Need extra funds?
If you're already an AMC customer and are looking to expand or diversify your business, we’ll do everything we can to approve extra funds with minimum fuss and paperwork.
Just contact our New Lending Enquiries team on 02077 143600 for a no-obligation discussion about what you’re trying to achieve and how we can help.
Changes to your agreement
Changes in circumstances – whether that’s around family or business – can mean your borrowing needs to alter too. We’re always happy to discuss changing your loan to fit your new situation and we have a range of guides to help you make changes.
Changes to your agreement
Repaying your loan early
There may be a charge for this, so please take a look at the fees on our Business Tariff (PDF, 44KB) or contact us for full details. A variable rate loan can be repaid early with no charge (unless the security property is also being discharged, in which case a handling fee will apply). Fixed rate loan* repayments may also incur a Break Cost.
Endowment policy maturity
When a policy supporting an endowment loan matures, the proceeds are normally used to repay the borrowing. You then receive any surplus funds.
Changing your repayments
If you want to increase or decrease your repayment amount, for example, we might be able to adjust the loan term.
You can alter the type of interest you pay at any time, by converting from variable to fixed, or from fixed to variable.* Remember that there may be a Break Cost to pay, however.
Find out more about the two types of interest.
You can also find out about how changes to the can affect your loan repayments.
If you ever have any problems that could make it difficult for you to pay your loan instalments, please get in touch with our Lending Support team as soon as you can on 02077 143660.