Borrowing with AMC
Flexibility, competitive rates and expert help
When you need money for your farm or rural business, you want to know your borrowing is simple, flexible and affordable.
Long-term Standard Loan
- We can provide a long-term Standard Loan, specifically designed for your needs, whether you're a sole trader, a partnership, a company or a trust. The Standard Loan is a mortgage secured against land or property.
- You can borrow from £25,001 to buy land or fund buildings, stock, new projects or equipment.
- Available on interest only or repayment options repaid monthly, quarterly or half yearly on dates which suit the cash flow of your business. Find out more about interest options.
- By providing your property or land as security, our Standard Loan gives you the money you need for consolidation, diversification or growth, with the option to pay back between five and 30 years.
How can we support you?
We’ve been working solely with rural and agricultural businesses for more than 90 years, so you can trust us to help you choose the best option and the most competitive rates.
Our network of professional Land Agents are available to discuss your funding options and to guide you through the application process. You can find your nearest AMC Agent on the Local Contacts page.
The phasing out of the Basic Payment Scheme is likely to be a concern for many farmers. AMC can provide help and support when it comes to restructuring your business’s finances to bring income and outgoings back into a more comfortable balance.
Find out more about BPS Support
The benefits of a Standard Loan
- Business loans are available for most rural business activities.
- We offer a competitive rate of interest.
- A swift response on your proposal.
- No annual renewal fees.
- Funding can be secured against land, as well as property. This enables increased capital to be raised, with the flexibility to extend the agreement terms at any time.
- Loans will not be ‘called-in’ upon death, and agreements will pass onto the next generation.
- We can provide decisions in principle before you make a sealed bid or go to auction.
The above are subject to credit approval and so long as obligations to AMC continue to be met.
Who do we lend to?
We support farming or rural businesses linked to agriculture.
Find out more about the types of business we lend to and our lending criteria
You can also use our funding to help with:
- Buying your farm tenancy
- Supporting the complex needs of landed estates
- Setting up, expanding or developing your business providing it is secured against agricultural or rural property including land, dwellings and other buildings. Find out about our support for rural businesses
- Additional funding for existing AMC customers
How to apply?
View details of the application process and the documents you will need, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
How to apply
Key stages of your AMC application
Hire Purchase – spreading the cost of buying equipment
If our Standard Loan isn’t right for you, then Hire Purchase might be an option to help you spread the cost of a large capital asset over a fixed term.
AMC provides Hire Purchase and Leasing facilities through Lloyds Bank. As one of the largest providers of Hire Purchase agreements, they can offer a fast and affordable way to buy new and used equipment.