Our lending criteria
For more than 85 years, we’ve been supporting farmers and rural businesses like yours. With that experience comes a knowledge that the agricultural sector is different to other industries.
That’s why our Flexible Facility and Standard Loan finance agreements have been developed specifically to cater for the sector.
It’s also why we ensure farmers or rural businesses linked to agriculture can access the funds they need to support consolidation, diversification or growth.
Lending to you
We are happy to consider lending for most purposes connected to a farming or rural business. This could be:
- Helping support your cash flow during the seasonal ebbs and flows.
- Purchasing buildings, stock or equipment to support your plans.
- Investing in new projects to enhance your business.
- Buying your farm tenancy.
Lending in action
Across Britain, we’ve lent to a wide range of farmers and businesses to support a variety of different ambitions. These include:
- Dorset-based Alan Perrett who invested to help mitigate the effects of rising input costs and falling milk prices.
- Central-Scotland based Robert and Katy Rodger who invested in the conversion of an old calf barn into a café, as well as diversifying into ice-cream, yoghurt and cheese production.
Funding to non-rural businesses
Our loans have been designed specifically for farmers and rural businesses, such as equestrian centres and horticultural specialists, and we can only approve applications linked to the sector.
We would therefore not be able to provide funding for investments such as expanding a residential farmhouse that was not directly linked to a farming business.
As part of Lloyds Banking Group, however, we’d be happy to introduce you to Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland or Halifax who are also part of the organisation. They may have the right funding solution for you, supported by access to guidance to help support your plans.
Contact our team
We have specialist staff who work only in the agricultural sector. They’ll work with you to help find the right funding for your needs, as well as providing guidance to help support your plans.