Buying your farm tenancy
Having the chance to buy your farm tenancy is an exciting prospect – and landlords are increasingly opening up to the idea. When the opportunity arises, you need fast and dependable access to the right mortgage.
You could borrow more than you think
There’s a growing difference between the value of tenanted and freehold land. We can lend you up to 60% of the full value of freehold land, which it becomes on completion of the sale. And, because we can take into account other assets such as your own house, you may well be eligible for a mortgage.
Simple, no nonsense farm finance
- Fixed* or variable rates of interest, or a combination.
- Interest only or repayment options repaid monthly, quarterly or half yearly on dates which suit the cash flow of your business.
- Loan terms from five to 30 years.
- Loans can pass from generation to generation, so don’t need to be repaid if the borrower dies, as long as obligations to AMC continue to be met.
Local knowledge and a helping hand
Taking out a mortgage is a big step. As a responsible lender, we only agree to loans for commercially sound propositions that are sustainable in the long-term and where professional advice has been taken.
Our specialist teams, experienced staff and land agents have local agricultural knowledge and can give you all the help you need to develop a proposal and choose the right loan. They’ll be happy to arrange a confidential, no obligation, no cost discussion and set you on the path to your own farm.
Applying for a loan
View details of the application process and the documents you will need, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
How to apply
* There is always a possibility that interest rates may go down leaving a fixed rate loan at a higher level compared to a variable rate loan. However, if interest rates rise, a fixed rate loan will remain at the same rate.