Rural Businesses - supporting a wide variety of rural plans
We’ve used our 90 years’ experience to develop funding specifically to meet the needs of farms and rural businesses. Our understanding also means that we know you and your family may have personal and commercial plans not directly linked to your farming business.
Through our Standard Loan, we can support a wide variety of these plans, whether that’s to:
- buy a house with land for business purposes,
- start a new small business,
- convert existing buildings for alternative purposes, or
- restructure existing business debt.
Please note, that if you are applying for our Standard Loan for a rural business purpose then this is subject to an applicant age limit of 75 years and is not available on interest only basis.
Examples of support
We consider lending for virtually any farm or rural business purpose. In recent years, we have supported a wide variety of commercial plans including:
- Purchasing a house with 20 acres of land from which to run a farm machinery business, with trailer and caravan storage.
- Procuring property from which to run a children’s nursery, a property development business and a pheasant rearing enterprise.
- Buying a house with 75 acres to allow for a livery stable business to be set up to complement an IT business run from the same property.
- We can also consider lending for horticultural businesses, i.e. plant and garden centres, subject to a maximum loan term of 10 years and not being available on interest only basis.
How to apply?
Your first step is to speak to an AMC specialist. They’ll help you work out the best finance options for you.