Plan for profit with our Standard Loan
Our Standard Loan is designed specifically to help your farm or rural business with its consolidation, diversification or growth plans, and to help you make the most of opportunities when they crop up.
You can borrow from £25,001 upwards for between five and 30 years, and choose either fixed or variable* interest.
We’ve been helping agricultural businesses for over 85 years, so we know the challenges. If you're hoping to buy at auction or by sealed bid, for example, you can apply now and we’ll give you a decision in principle before you submit your offer.
Can I borrow?
Whether you're a sole trader, a partnership, a company, a trust or a pension fund, you can apply for our Standard Loan.
- The minimum amount is £25,001 and there’s no maximum.
- You can choose interest only or repayment options repaid monthly, quarterly or half yearly on dates which suit the cash flow of your business.
- We can lend the amount you need for up to 60% of the value of the property or land you use as security.
- We also need to be sure you can comfortably repay the loan over the long term.
Once your loan is in place, we won’t review the value of your security or need to see your annual accounts again, apart from in exceptional circumstances.
How long is long-term?
You can borrow for a period of between five and 30 years. And, if your circumstances change, you can extend the term of your loan, subject to approval.
Loans can pass from generation to generation. In other words, a loan doesn’t have to be repaid if the borrower dies, and it won’t be recalled during the term of that agreement as long as the obligations to AMC continue to be met.
Alternative lending options
If you need more flexibility about how much you pay back and when, our short-term Flexible Facility could be the answer.
You can borrow from £30,000 over a period of up to five years, and pay back at a rate that suits your cash flow. Just ask us for details.
Standard Loan – Costs at a glance
You can choose either fixed* or variable interest, with interest calculated daily. The setting-up cost is negotiable, but starts at £750. There are no annual fees to pay.
Applying for a loan
View details of the application process and the documents you will need, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
How to apply
* There is always a possibility that interest rates may go down leaving a fixed rate loan at a higher level compared to a variable rate loan. However, if interest rates rise, a fixed rate loan will remain at the same rate.